Antoaneta Vassileva and Tzvetan Vassilev Give Groundbreaking Interview about the Monstrous Corruption and the Abuse of Human Rights in Bulgaria
September 9th, 2017
Prof. Antoaneta Vassileva and Mr. Tzvetan Vassilev
On the 3rd, 4th, 5th, and 6th of September, BITelevision aired the groundbreaking interview which Professor Antoaneta Vassileva and Tzvetan Vassilev gave to top Bulgarian journalist Luba Kulezich. While the main reason for the interview was the absurd charges which the Bulgarian prosecution pressed against their daughter Radosveta as a retaliation for Tzvetan Vassilev’s application under the US Magnitsky Act, which allows the US Government to sanction corrupt officials implicated in human rights abuse, the Vassilevs discussed a wide range of topics and presented documents evidencing the scandalous abuse of process and law by the Bulgarian prosecution.
Key issues covered in the interview include:
- How the Bulgarian prosecution purposefully abuses Interpol’s Red Notices to target political and economic opponents and to realize personal vendettas
- Why Bulgaria’s Prosecutor General Sotir Tsatsarov and Member of Parliament Delyan Peevski are the main perpetrators nominated in Tzvetan Vassilev’s application under the US Magnitsky Act
- Why Prof. Vassileva sent an open letter to Bulgaria’s President Radev asking him to take measures against the rampant corruption and abuse of human rights in Bulgaria
- Why President Radev has not answered this letter to date
- How Bulgaria’s prosecution has been blackmailing Tzvetan Vassilev since 2014
- How Biser Lazov—a protected witness of Bulgaria’s prosecution who provided false statements against Tzvetan Vassilev—has stolen 150 million worth of assets under the nose of Bulgaria’s authorities and why this is not coincidental
- How Sergei Stanishev, current leader of the Party of European Socialists, knew of the preparation of the attack against Tzvetan Vassilev and did nothing even though, at the time, he was the leader of the ruling party in Bulgaria
- What absurd advice Sergei Stanishev’s wife Monica gave to Tzvetan Vassilev in 2014
- What the relationship between the scandalous Member of Parliament Delyan Peevski and former Bulgarian President Plevneliev is
- How Bulgaria’s authorities are trying to recreate their classical corporate raiding scheme against one of the most successful plants in Bulgaria’s defense industry – Dunarit
If these topics are of interest, please watch:
Luba Kulezich’s commentary following her interview with Antoaneta Vassileva and Tzvetan Vassilev (3 September 2017)
Interview with Antoaneta Vassileva and Tzvetan Vassilev, Part I (4 September 2017)
Interview with Antoaneta Vassileva and Tzvetan Vassilev, Part II (5 September 2017)
Interview with Antoaneta Vassileva and Tzvetan Vassilev, Part III (6 September 2017)
Moreover, if you are interested in Bulgaria’s persistent abuse of Interpol’s Red Notices for political purposes, you can read Radosveta Vassileva’s legal commentary here.
Radosveta Vassileva has also started a global petition in support of Tzvetan Vassilev’s application under the US Magnitsky Act, which you can support here.