Radosveta Vassileva Gives Interview for "The Best People, Causes, and Ideas"
March 5th, 2018
On 28 February 2018, Dr. Radosveta Vassileva gave an interview for Georgi Stankov’s online program "The Best People, Causes and Ideas." She commented on pressing issues related to Tzvetan Vassilev’s application under the US Global Magnitsky Act as well as the case against Corpbank in a dual capacity – as a direct witness of the events and as a lawyer. Dr. Vassileva showcased documents, reports, and data which evidence the lack of rule of law and the disrespect for human rights in Bulgaria.
- What type of bank was Corpbank?
- When did the first attacks against the bank and Tzvetan Vassilev start?
- Why was the bank attacked by state institutions? Who caused the artificial panic among the depositors and the run on the bank?
- What can be expected from the application under the US Global Magnitsky Act?
- What repressive measures did Bulgaria take against the Vassilev family in an attempt to silence them?
- What illegal means does the Bulgarian Public Prosecutor´s Office employ?
- What reforms are needed to restore the rule of law in Bulgaria?
- Is the Romanian model a solution for Bulgaria?
- Why is Bulgaria losing 90% of the cases brought against it in Strasbourg?
If you are interested in these questions, you can watch Dr. Radosveta Vassileva´s interview on the YouTube´s channel of "The Best People, Causes, and Ideas."
The interview was reported in Bulgarian media, such as Club Z, Vevesti, Actualno, Frognews, and others.
If you are outraged by the corruption in Bulgaria and the systematic violations of human rights in the country, you can sign the petition in support of Tzvetan Vassilev’s application under the US Global Magnitsky Act here.